Lighthouses R us

A Lighthouse of GreeceN

GR 73 Trikeri (Gulf of Pagasitikos, Kavoulia)

The lighthouse was built by French engineers for the Ottoman Empire; it became Greek when Thessalia (Thessaly) was ceded to Greece in 1881. It stands at the end of a long, hook-shaped peninsula that encloses the Pagasitikos Kolp├│s. Located on Akra Kavoulia, about 3 km west of Trikeri. ARLHS # GRE-128 (E 4442)

Trikeri

home GreeceN lights map this
 prev region page next
Med/GreeceN () / GreeceN GR73