Lighthouses R us

A Lighthouse of FranceWS

FR 324 Les Baleines (1682)

The original light was a fish-oil lamp in a stone lantern. Following bitter complaints from mariners, this apparatus was replaced in 1736 by a stronger lamp in a cast iron lantern. Reflectors were added in 1777 and replaced in 1820. ARLHS # FRA-642

Les Baleines (1682)

home FranceWS lights map this
 prev region page next
CE/FranceWS4 () / FranceWS FR324